Adult and Community Educator
A vacancy has arisen for full-time position as Adult and Community Educator in South Dublin County Partnership. South Dublin County Partnership works with people who are socially excluded or are at risk of becoming so and promotes social cohesion and labour market participation with a focus on the most disadvantaged neighbourhoods. This is achieved through a range of integrated activities in Education, Training, Job Placement, Early Childhood Services, Enterprise Support and Community and Environmental Programmes. The Adult and Community Educator will manage and coordinate specific Lifelong Learning and community education activities.
The successful candidate will have:
- A qualification in adult and community education, further education and training, youth work, social sciences or a related field is essential
- Significant experience in programme management
- In-depth understanding of Education and Training provision
- An understanding of obstacles to access to further and higher education
- A knowledge and understanding of QQI training
- Experience of operating within an area of social exclusion
- Capacity to work to deadlines
- Excellent inter-personal and oral communication skills
- Understanding of financial systems/procedures
- Knowledge of local development and the changing local development landscape
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong IT, digital media skills
Applications by post only
Three copies of your, CV and cover letter should be addressed to: South Dublin County Partnership, Human Resource Department , Unit D1, Nangor Road Business Park, Nangor Road, Dublin 12.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 12 noon Thursday 7th March 2019.
Late applications cannot be considered. Short listing of candidates will apply.
South Dublin County Partnership is an equal opportunities employer