A vacancy has arisen for a full-time position as Children & Families project worker in South Dublin County Partnership. South Dublin County Partnership works with people who are socially excluded or are at risk of becoming so and promotes social cohesion and labour market participation with a focus on the most disadvantaged neighbourhoods. This is achieved through a range of integrated activities in Education, Training, Job Placement, Early Childhood Services, Enterprise Support and Community and Environmental Programmes.
The Children & Families project worker will coordinate and deliver family learning interventions, with a particular emphasis on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and maths) activities for children and families.
The successful candidate will have:
- A qualification in family learning/community and youth work, social sciences or a related field is essential.
- An in-depth understanding of obstacles facing children & families within an area of social exclusion
- To identify gaps and provide accessible opportunities for children and their families to engage in creative family learning through STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and maths)
- Knowledge of local development and the changing local development landscape
- Significant experience in programme management
- A responsibility for direct delivery of children and family programmes in various locations in South Dublin County.
- To work with parents on a one to one basis to provide personal action plans and to signpost families to other services where relevant.
- To gather information, statistics and prepare reports as required, including administration of databases as appropriate to the role.
- To review progress on an ongoing basis with the Line Manager and adapt plans accordingly.
- To actively participate in team and staff meetings and service reviews/ evaluations and to contribute to the development of policy and practice with your area of work and within SDCP as a whole.
- Capacity to work to deadlines
- Excellent inter-personal and oral communication skills
- Understanding of financial systems/procedures
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong IT, digital media skills
- Car Owner with full clean driver’s license
- Garda Vetting will apply to this role
|Contract:||1 Year Fixed Term Contract (with probation of 6 months)|
Salary will be commensurate with experience
|Hours of work||35 hours per week|
Applications by post only
Suitable applicants must send a Cover letter (no more than one A4 sheet) and an up to date CV (no more than 2 pages), paying particular attention to the essential and desirable criteria in the job description, your suitability and why you are appropriate for the post in question. This should be addressed to: Human Resource Department, South Dublin County Partnership, Unit D1, Nangor Road Business Park, Nangor Road, Dublin 12.
Please provide the names, address, occupation and contact details of two referees. (Contact will not be made without prior notification to you). Please note that no individual correspondence will be entered into.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday 15th April 2019
Late applications cannot be considered. Short listing of candidates will apply.
South Dublin County Partnership is an equal opportunities employer