A vacancy has arisen for an exciting new role with South Dublin County Partnership (SDCP). This is a dual role split between digital communications for the SDCP and project support to Inspiring the Future project.
The digital communication role will spend 50% of their time in support of the delivery of the SDCP’s digital communications strategy. The aim of the digital strategy is to increase engagement with our target groups through a range thematic areas e.g., adult and community education, training, job placement, early childhood services, enterprise support, health and wellbeing and community development programmes.
Project support to Inspiring the Future
This role will spend 50% of their time supporting the Inspiring the Future- Ireland Programme Coordinator. The person will provide administrative support to the Inspiring the Future – Ireland Programme Coordinator, as required for the effective and efficient operation of the programme.
Inspiring the Future Ireland an initiative of the SDCP is a free and easy way for thousands of schools and volunteers from the world of work to connect. At the heart of Inspiring the Future are volunteers talking informally about their job, career and their educational route at events, speed networking sessions or in the classroom to broaden the aspirations of young people. Teachers and volunteers are connected by registering their interest on the secure website www.inspiringthefuture.ie
Digital Communications duties and responsibilities
- Coordination and development of digital content
- Roll out of content schedules
- Evaluation and reporting on engagement analytics
Lifelong Learning Manager
- Content production and dissemination to target groups
- Video production and editing for YouTube, Instagram and Facebook
- Organic reach without sponsorship
- Instagram engagement through video stories and IGTV
- Strategic thinking and audience reach
- Design and visual storying telling
- Traditional media and public relations
- Website maintenance and development
Project support to Inspiring the Future
- Provide project support to Inspiring the Future project
Inspiring the Future Coordinator and Lifelong Learning Manager
- Administration and data management
- Report writing and correspondence
- The collection and reporting on data
- Record management and data filing
- Client management systems e.g., Salesforce
- Event planning and coordination
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Organisational and coordination skills
- Working independently and on own initiative
- Juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Working with external stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Good communication skills, both face to face and telephone, including ability to empathise with those experiencing financial difficulties
Qualifications/Experience for both roles;
- Degree in media, communications or digital skills
- Experience managing digital communication campaigns
- At least one-year experience in the area of digital communications
- Proficiency in digital design and video editing software
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of products, including the use of Outlook, Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- At least three years’ relevant work experience in an administrator role
- Car Owner with full clean driver’s license
- Garda Vetting will apply to this role
|Contract:||1 Year Fixed Term Contract (with probation of 6 months)|
Salary will be commensurate with experience
|Hours of work||35 hours per week|
Suitable applicants must send a Cover letter (no more than one A4 sheet) and an up to date CV (no more than 2 pages), paying particular attention to the essential and desirable criteria in the job description, your suitability and why you are appropriate for the post in question. This should be addressed to: Human Resource Department, South Dublin County Partnership, Unit D1, Nangor Road Business Park, Nangor Road, Dublin 12.
Please provide the names, address, occupation and contact details of two referees. (Contact will not be made without prior notification to you). Please note that no individual correspondence will be entered into.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday 15th April 2019.
Late applications cannot be considered. Short listing of candidates will apply.
South Dublin County Partnership is an equal opportunities employer