SDC South Dublin County Partnership is a Local Development organisation based on the South side of Dublin. We are primarily funded by the Irish Government to bring together local communities and state agencies to tackle the problems of unemployment and social exclusion
Part time – 20 hrs per week position
Based in the SDC South Dublin County Partnership, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 office
Salary scale of €25,534 to €27,811 (pro-rata €14,590 to €15,892), depending on experience
Working as part of a team, the Accounts Assistant will be responsible for providing financial and administrative information in an effective and efficient manner
- Recording and verifying creditor invoices for goods and services
- Verifying that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Preparation of invoices for approval, payment and data entry
- Entering invoices for payment
- Preparation of payroll, tax returns and other pay related returns
- Managing the weekly payment run
- Recording and processing cheques and payments
- Preparing cheques and remittance advices for mailing
- Maintaining the accounts payable ledger
- Maintaining, recording and reconciling bank accounts
- Maintaining, recording and reconciling petty cash
- Reviewing and reconciling expense claims
- General accounts and ad-hoc duties and responsibilities
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in processing of accounts payable, payroll preparation and banking transactions
- Accounting technician qualification or similar or studying acca, cpa, aca.
- Experience with accounting and payroll packages/software
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Be able to prioritise work and an ability to work under pressure
- Be a responsible person who can follow procedures and guidelines
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft outlook, excel, word
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and may be reviewed from time to time to reflect the needs of the organisation.
Applications by post only
Three copies of your, CV and cover letter should be addressed to: Human Resource Department, South Dublin County Partnership, Unit D1, Nangor Road Business Park, Nangor Road, Dublin 12.
Please note that no individual correspondence will be entered into.
Deadline: 17th April, late applications cannot be considered. Short listing of candidates will apply.
South Dublin County Partnership is an equal opportunities employer