Enterprise and Employment Project Assistant
Full time/FTC to 31 December 2021
South Dublin County (SDC) Partnership works with people who are socially excluded or are at risk of becoming so, and promotes social cohesion and labour market participation with a focus on the most disadvantaged communities. This is achieved through the development and delivery of a range of programmes within Education, Employment Training Supports, Work and Job Placements, Enterprise Initiatives, Early Childhood Services and Community Development. SDC Partnership currently employs over 100 core staff and 400 placement workers and operates across multiple sites throughout South County Dublin.
The successful candidate will join the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) team within the SDC Partnership Enterprise and Employment Thematic to support with the administration and delivery of a range of training, employment, enterprise and youth supports targeted at disadvantaged individuals throughout the South County Dublin region.
An understanding of labour activation initiatives or experience of working with the long term unemployed would be advantageous for applicants to have. The role presents a valuable opportunity for the successful candidate to work in a challenging, target driven and dynamic working environment.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Supporting clients into employment through; job searching, on-line job applications, mentoring, weekly phone and email contact support
- Providing clients with information and support in accessing DEASP financial entitlements/welfare payment subsidies when returning to employment
- Providing information and supports for lone parents with ECCE and National Childcare Schemes
- Engaging with employers by phone and email
- Day to day administrative support for the Enterprise and Employment team
- Entry of data into CRM system on a daily basis
- Supporting with regular data and systems quality checks as well as the maintenance and updating of project files
- Assisting the project with the organisation and delivery of a range of programmes, and external events
- Providing clerical assistance for job seekers including typing of CVs and cover letters and advice on Interview Skills
- Regularly following up with clients by phone and email to track progress and identify where SDC Partnership can provide them with further supports, services and referrals.
- Supporting with the compilation of data and statistical analysis for monthly management reports
- Assisting with client queries in a consistent, professional and confidential manner
- Identification of Tus and CE work placements in community organisations and settings
- Working and networking across all Partnership programmes with client referrals
- Setting, agreeing, managing and monitoring work schedules and attaining targets
- Good Standard of Education
- High level of MS Office expertise is essential and some experience of using a CRM database would be advantageous
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge or experience of community development and local services
- Good knowledge of local industry
- Detail-oriented and highly organised
- Excellent time-management skills, ability to be flexible, manage multiple tasks as well as prioritise and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great people skills, with a proven ability to build good working relationships within own immediate team as well as with cross functional teams within a large organisation
- Have an understanding of the problems associated with long term unemployment and social exclusion
Salary offered will be in line the Clerical Officer pay scale
This role will be based at SDC Partnership, Nangor Road office with some travel maybe required from time to time.
Applications by post only
Three copies of your, CV and cover letter should be addressed to:
Administration & Operation Department, South Dublin County Partnership,
Unit D1, Nangor Road Business Park, Nangor Road, Dublin 12.
Please mark applications – Enterprise and Employment Project Assistant Vacancy
Closing date: Friday 2nd October 2020
South Dublin County Partnership is an equal opportunities employer