JOB TITLE: Youth and Community Educator
Contract: Full Time position – 6 months fixed term contract
South Dublin County Partnership works with people who are socially excluded or are at risk of becoming so and promotes social cohesion and labour market participation with a focus on the most disadvantaged neighborhoods. This is achieved through a range of integrated activities in Education, Training, Job Placement, Early Childhood Services, Enterprise Support and Community Development Programmes. South Dublin County Partnership is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from a diversity of backgrounds.
Youth & Community Educator
Reporting to the Senior Manager of the Lifelong Learning team. The Youth & Community Educator will work as part of the Lifelong Learning team to develop and coordinate specific Lifelong Learning responses targeting young people and adults living in the most disadvantaged areas of South County Dublin who face barriers to learning and support them to participate in learning activities that meet identified needs.
- Day to day project support including all aspects of administration, documentation, and execution of community-based training with a particular focus on the preparation for apprenticeships, traineeships for young people aged 16 to 18 years of age.
- Manage an annual caseload of learners as required under the SICAP programme.
- Using the IRIS CRM system, complete necessary paperwork (paper and digital) for each learner in accordance with SICAP handbook and other regulatory obligation e.g., GDPR.
- Work in collaboration with community/youth organisations/groups to identify gaps in training/service provision in local communities and develop and implement (in line with senior manager) needs based training, courses, workshops, and interventions, as required.
- Design and deliver innovative programmes/interventions to meet learners needs using a logic model framework to effectively plan, deliver and evaluate.
- Promote lifelong learning programmes in targeted communities and within the broader South Dublin County area.
- Recruit learners for programmes and courses and support them throughout the course to completion.
- Meet learners to carry out assessments of learning needs and complete personal action plans.
- Provide one to one individual support and assist learners in their progression from Lifelong learning programme to further education and training opportunities.
- Prepare regular and annual reports, updates on agreed KPIs and submit files for auditing.
- Manage a budget, complete financial requestions and report on expenditure.
- Participate in monthly team meetings, team training, and team building activities.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Lifelong Learning Manager
The ideal candidates should have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in the area of youth work/social exclusion/community development
- At third level qualification in education or related discipline is desirable
- Excellent communication, facilitation, organisational and reporting skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A full clean driving licence
Salary commensurate with experience
Applicants should pay particular attention to the essential and desirable criteria in the job description, your suitability and why you are the best candidate for this post in question.
Please send three copies of your up-to-date detailed CV (no more than 2 pages) and cover letter accompanied with completed confidential form marked:
Youth and Community Educator Ref: 83/2023 to:
Administration & Operations Department
South Dublin County Partnership
Nangor Road Business Park
OR alternatively email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org – subject box to be marked Youth and Community Educator Ref: 83/2023
Closing date for receipt of applications: 5pm on 31st March 2023
Note no late applications will be accepted.
South Dublin County Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer.