At South Dublin County Partnership, we are a local development company committed to promoting active citizenship, addressing social exclusion, and supporting individuals, families, and communities to reach their full potential.
Due to the continued expansion of our Enterprise and Employment programmes, a new position has been developed in the Enterprise and Employment team for an Employment Supports Lead.
The post holder in this new role will report to the Senior Manager – Enterprise and Employment and will head up a focused employment supports team to proactively assist SDC Partnership’s participants transition into employment.
The Employment Supports Lead will be responsible for the delivery of a quality, targeted employment placement support service and will lead a team consisting initially of Employment Officers, a Job Coach and a Clerical Officer to support the delivery of various funder contractual obligations, building flexibility into the delivery model within area of responsibility to cater for any fluctuation in participant numbers or funder requirements.
Job Description and Person Specification
Reporting to: Senior Manager – Enterprise and Employment
Job Purpose To support SDC Partnership’s programme participants transition to paid employment.
He/she will lead on the delivery of a quality, targeted employment placement support service that helps SDC Partnership programme participants transition into sustainable paid employment.
He/she will lead a team consisting of Employment Officers, a Job Coach and a Clerical Officer to support the delivery of various funder contractual obligations, building flexibility into the delivery model within area of responsibility to cater for any fluctuation in participant numbers or funder requirements.
Develop and implement a robust job matching service to support programme participants move to paid employment from across SDC Partnership’s multiple programmes including LAES, SICAP, IPS
- Oversee the delivery of pre-employment group and 1-1 supports to improve our clients job readiness, this will include CV supports, interview techniques, mock interviews.
- Job matrix screening of participants to ensure a good match of skills and competencies with specific job roles/vacancies, briefing participants by phone /in person on specific job vacancies and debriefing supports post interview.
- Ensure post-employment support is provided within agreed timelines for participants placed into employment and ensure these supports are delivered in line with funder requirements where applicable.
- Conduct internal programme data analysis on a regular basis to inform a focused employment supports strategy and programme delivery plans.
- Keep accurate data records of all employment placements and post placement supports, ensuring sufficient evidence is recorded for each participant to meet monitoring and funder needs.
Work Experience Supports
- Deliver agreed annual targets for structured work placement and job shadowing that will support an agreed number of SDC Partnership participants transition closer to paid employment.
- Ensure a clear plan is devised that covers the work placement with clear objectives for skills development of the participant
- Develop support and after care plan for those partaking in job shadowing and structured work placement, with the goal of transitioning each participant into paid employment
- Develop a detailed employer engagement plan utilising in depth knowledge of the local labour market and SDC Partnership programme data, working collaboratively across SDC Partnership
- Identify and maintain strategic partnerships with an agreed number of key employers who will work collaboratively with SDC Partnership to offer employment opportunities for our Programme participants.
- Develop and implement a focused annual employment events schedule with the objective of supporting SDC Partnership’s participants transition to employment, such events will include targeted industry briefings/employer talks and focused recruitment events in a small number of pre agreed locations within the county.
- Maintain an up-to-date data base of all local employer contacts.
Line Management and Team Development
- Manage a small focused employment services support team consisting of Job Coach, Employment Officers and a Clerical Officer
- Agree annual targets for team members, monitor and update progress monthly.
- Build strong employee engagement across your team and across SDC Partnership’s- thematic areas including facilitating team meetings, working group meetings, and annual planning meetings as required.
- Provide temporary cover for the Service Delivery Manager – Local Area Employment Services (LAES) during periods of annual leave or absence.
Marketing and Promotions
- Develop and implement an annual promotional plan to raise awareness for LAES,SICAP and other programmes delivered by SDC Partnership, using a mix of online and offline platforms.
- Oversee the publication of online jobs bulletins, newsletters and other tools to inform our clients of local job vacancies within SDC Partnership’s catchment area
- Monitor, evaluate and provide written reports to SDC Partnership’s senior management on outcomes from promotional strategy/specific campaigns.
- Ensure robust systems and processes are in place within your team to facilitate a seamless referral process for clients to and from LAES /SICAP and other SDC Partnership programmes into the employment supports service.
- Manage programme area within agreed annual expenditure budget.
Reporting and Administration
- Ensure data and all records in relation to your area of responsibility are maintained, accurate and produced within the agreed timelines for reporting internally and externally to funders.
- Prepare monthly performance data to support programme funder reporting requirements.
- Work with central administration team within SDC Partnership to ensure adequate insurance cover is put in place in advance for all events/activities relating to area of responsibility.
- Ensure appropriate mechanisms are in place for gathering participant feedback and report on findings and recommendations to key stakeholder groups proactively identifying where service improvements can be made.
- Ensure requisite processes are in place and implemented to ensure client confidentiality is always maintained across your area of responsibility.
- Adhere to GDPR legislation, SDCP’s internal policies and funder requirements in relation to the management and storage of all client data.
This role will be interchangeable with the Service Delivery Manager – LAES to provide operational management support for the Local Area Employment Services if required.
- Have a good standard of education, with a third level qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a programme lead, working in a related area and meeting Programme targets and KPIs
- Show knowledge of the barriers to employment and deep understanding of the challenges facing unemployed people, especially long term unemployed
- Have a strong track record of developing, delivering, and improving service delivery.
- Demonstrate capacity for managing, motivating and empowering a team, preferably in a results-based service.
- Have experience managing change within a team when required to respond to funder requirements/organizational needs.
- Can demonstrate the ability to work as a strong internal team player and one who accepts responsibility for personal activities while operating within agreed parameters.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to present information to a broad range of stakeholders in an understandable and concise manner.
- Display a high standard of personal integrity and a good understanding of and commitment to organizational mission and objectives.
- Have strong networking skills and a track record of engagement with industry stakeholders at a senior level
- Can demonstrate the use of data analysis within previous roles to inform strategy development and operational plans.
- Have practical experience of using programme evaluation and impact measurement tools such as the Logic Model
- Demonstrate an ability to work under pressure, prioritize activities and workloads while meeting deadlines and maintaining the quality of output.
- Have highly developed IT skills including the use of a CRM system.
Salary and Benefits
Salary Scale €39,031 to €59,550 – the entry point for the successful applicant will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Other Benefits offered by SDC Partnership include:
- Option to join company pension scheme with a generous employer contribution
- Access to low-cost medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Free parking
- Training and development support applicable to job role
- Hybrid working
Note travel across a number of SDC Partnership office locations in the county will be required for this job role, full clean driving license and access to a motor vehicle is a requirement. Mileage will be paid at public service mileage rates.
Three Year fixed term contract, any continuation of the role beyond the three years will be subject to funding.
Applicants should pay particular attention to the job role and person specification and outline your suitability and why you are the best candidate for this post.
Please send three copies of your up-to-date detailed CV (no more than 2 pages) and cover letter accompanied with completed confidential form marked: Employment Supports Lead Ref. 90/2023 to:
Administration & Operation Department,
South Dublin County Partnership,
Nangor Road Business Park,
Nangor Road, Dublin 12.
OR alternatively email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org – subject box to be marked Employment Supports Lead Ref. 90/2023
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday at 12noon, 2nd June 2023
Late applications cannot be considered.
No individual correspondence will be entered into.
South Dublin County Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JOB TITLE: Employment Supports Lead
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday at 12noon, 2nd June 2023