Full Time – 35 hours per week
South Dublin County Partnership works with people who are socially excluded or are at risk of becoming so and promotes social cohesion and labour market participation with a focus on the most disadvantaged neighbourhoods. This is achieved through a range of integrated activities in Education, Training, Job Placement, Early Childhood Services, Enterprise Support and Community Development Programmes. South Dublin County Partnership is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from a diversity of backgrounds.
Job Title: Employment Officer
Reporting to: Employment Supports Lead/Manager
Purpose of Role: The Employment Officer will be required to deliver focused and tailored employment supports to programme participants from across SDC Partnership’s programme areas.
The Employment Officer will match the employment needs of SDC Partnership’s programme participants with local job vacancies to create sustainable employment outcomes.
- Work with an agreed monthly case load and implement approved job matching tools to deliver agreed targets of work experience placements, job shadowing, paid employment for SDC Partnership’s programme participants.
- Monitor local job vacancies on a weekly basis and identify jobs that match the needs of SDC Partnership’s programme participants.
- Develop a support plan for each SDC Partnership programme participant partaking in job shadowing, structured work placement and for those who transition into paid employment.
- Offer tailored CV supports and interview preparation specific to a vacancy/job role.
- Build and maintain knowledge in areas such as welfare supports and benefits, mental health supports, child and family supports etc. with this knowledge applied where appropriate during caseload management.
- Review SDC Partnership employer partners in collaboration with the Employment Supports Lead to identify and develop key strategic partnerships.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of key local and county-wide employer contacts that align with SDC Partnership’s client needs in terms of employment opportunities.
- Working in collaboration with the Employment Supports Lead develop an employer engagement contact strategy and engage with individual employers directly to identify job opportunities for SDC Partnership programme clients.
- Review employer contact strategy and contribute to programme planning on a regular basis in collaboration with Employment Supports Lead/Manager and Senior Management making agreed changes where necessary to further improvement impact of SDC Partnership’s Employment Supports.
Internal and External Collaboration
- Work closely with the Employment Supports Lead, the Job Coach and the wider employment supports team to deliver an integrated employment support service to SDC Partnership’s programme participants.
- Maintain a good understanding of internal and external specialist services and work within an agreed internal and external referral process to ensure SDC Partnership’s programme participants who require additional, tailored wrap around supports are referral on to the appropriate service.
- When agreed with the Employment Supports Lead participate in relevant external events and training
- Work collaboratively with SDC Partnership programme delivery teams to ensure robust processes are in place for internal referrals and build a monthly list of programme participant referrals who are ready to partake in work experience placement or transition into paid employment.
- Participate in regular case management meetings with members of the LAES service delivery team and other programme management teams from across SDC Partnership
Marking and Promotion
- In collaboration with the Employment Supports Lead develop an annual promotional plan and communications strategy which will include focused and targeted employment events such as industry briefings, weekly jobs bulletins, tailored recruitment events, web and social media updates as required.
- In conjunction with the Employment Supports Lead and the wider employment supports team carry out a review of employment supports services on a regular basis to ensure the service is adhering to all agreed quality assurance standards
- Proactively drive service improvement within your area of responsibility and support as required programme evaluations to measure client satisfaction levels with the employment supports service.
- Ensure client confidentiality is maintained within area of responsibility at all times as well as adherence to GDPR and funder requirements in relation to the management and storage of all client data.
- Record all your programme activities and employment progressions for your area of responsibility and maintain a complete record of all individual client data including interventions, outputs, and deliverables within the requisite CRM systems.
- Provide inputs into monthly programme update reports as required by programme funders.
- In collaboration with the Employment Supports Lead identity and input into reporting on employment trends within SDC Partnership’s catchment area as well as labour market needs
- Support with additional duties from time to time as required by your line manager.
- Capacity to demonstrate a detailed business development knowledge of the area regarding employment, enterprise, and career
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the role of the
- Have a realistic understanding of the local job skill
- Possess an understanding of the barriers facing unemployed people in accessing employment options.
- Experience in managing caseloads, delivering to KPIs and reporting on same, using advanced MS Office and IT
- Demonstrate developed, effective, and efficient liaison skills across multiple stakeholders.
- Have experience in forming good working relationships across stakeholders with excellent questioning, communication and listening
- Demonstrate a practical approach to working with
- Have the aptitude to work on own initiative as well as work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills to engage and motivate the target groups of LAES and the proven ability to work collaboratively across the wider SDCP Teams and other local stakeholders.
- Have a strong track record in core and targeted employment services delivery and a drive and passion for continuous improvement.
- Show an ability to be flexible and adapt quickly and efficiently to a changing work environment.
- Relevant work experience in adult guidance, community studies, addiction studies, recruitment, probation services etc. and a willingness to pursue further study.
- Full driving licence and access to own car
Renumeration Package & Benefits:
- The salary for this position will be based on the successful individual’s qualification and experience.
- Excellent Pension of 10% employer’s contribution after successful probation period.
- Access to HSF private health insurance.
- Opportunity to apply for up to two days remote working as per SDCP policy.
- 35 Hour per week (full time)
- Employee assistance programme (EAP)
Applicants should pay particular attention to the job role and person specification and outline your suitability and why you are the best candidate for this post.
Please send three copies of your up-to-date detailed CV (no more than 2 pages) and cover letter accompanied with completed confidential form marked: Employment Officer Ref: 92/2023 to:
Administration & Operation Department,
South Dublin County Partnership,
Nangor Road Business Park,
Nangor Road, Dublin 12
OR alternatively email your application to email@example.com – subject box to be marked: Employment Officer Ref: 92/2023
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12noon, 19th July 2023.
Late applications cannot be considered.
No individual correspondence will be entered into.
South Dublin County Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JOB TITLE: Employment Officer
Closing date for receipt of applications is 19th July 2023