Your business idea is a life-changing opportunity and we are ready to help. Our Enterprise Team has supported 1000s of people just like you in South Dublin to start businesses, secure SICAP funding and realise their dream. We would love for you to be the next success story.
How Can We Help You Set Up a Business?
We shine a light on the steps to setting up a business so you can launch with confidence. Our Enterprise Development Officers provide:
- Start Your Own Business Courses
- Short Term and Back To Work Enterprise Allowance Guidance
- Further Training after you have started up (Digital marketing, sales. financial management and more…)
- One-to-one Mentoring
- Networking Opportunities
Start Your Own Business Course
Our Enterprise team provide you with a free Start Your Own Business Course. We give you a strong foundation without the overwhelm.
Our next course will take place soon so please get in touch to reserve a spot!
Start Your Own Business Course participants learn to:
- Explore a Business Idea
- Understand Your Market
- Develop Your Business Plan
- Attract Customers: Sales and Digital Marketing
- Legal Requirements, Bookkeeping and Accountancy
- Apply for Funding
Short Term and Back to Work Enterprise Allowance Applications
Money is always a concern for business owners, especially those coming from unemployment. The Back to Work Enterprise Allowance or Short Term Enterprise Allowance gives you an income while you get your business up and running. We help eligible clients complete applications for SICAP supports.
The Short Term Enterprise Allowance is available if you have lost your job and qualify for Jobseeker’s Benefit or Jobseekers Benefit Self-Employed. You can only receive the STEA for as long as you would get the Jobseeker’s Benefit – typically 9 months. To apply, you must submit an application before starting a viable, new business.
The BTWEA lets you keep your main social welfare payments for up to 2 years. Applicants are paid 100% of their primary payment in Year 1 and 75% in Year 2.
To apply, you must be under 66 and getting an eligible social welfare payment for over 9 months (unless you are on PUP). In addition, your company must be new and not at risk of putting someone else out of business. Participants who previously received the BTWEA must wait 5 years to reapply.
- Jobseekers Allowance
- Pandemic Unemployment Payment
- One-Parent Family Payment
- Carer’s Allowance
- Jobseekers Benefit Self Employed
- Blind Person(s) Pension
- Farm Assist
- Jobseekers Transitional Payment
- Deserted Wife’s Benefit or Widow(er)’s Pension
- Disability Allowance, Invalidity Pension or Illness Benefit
One-to-One Enterprise Mentoring
Seeking advice and asking questions are a huge part of success in business. Therefore, our Enterprise Officers listen to your business challenges and help you find ideal solutions.
Whether it is marketing, networking, sales, strategy, project and financial management or otherwise, don’t hesitate. We supply business mentoring for the first two years of your business. In addition, we can also refer you over to your Local Enterprise Office in South Dublin for further assistance.
Most importantly, don’t wait for a small issue to become a big problem.
Business Training Workshops
Being a new business owner means you need to be skilled in a variety of different areas. It can be overwhelming.
To help solve this challenge, we have a range of free training workshops delivered by industry experts just for you. Managing finances, digital marketing, tendering for contracts and more. Places are limited so please check out our calendar of trainings by clicking the red button below. If you don’t see a workshop you need, get in touch!
- Small Business Accounts (Bookkeeping)
- Layman’s Guide to Income Tax
- How to Submit Your Income Tax Return on ROS (Self-Assessment and Form 11)
Digital Marketing & Sales:
- Google Ads
- Graphic Design (using Canva)
- Facebook and Instagram Intermediate and Advertising
- Content Management (Blogging and Podcasting)
- Creating smart videos to promote your business
- SEO – Beginner and Intermediate
- Email Marketing
- Introduction to ECommerce platforms
- Converting Online Leads to Sales
- Creating business proposals, tenders, RFPs, pitching for bigger projects
- Trading Online Voucher Workshop
Grow Your Social Enterprise
Social enterprises are businesses that aim to solve social, societal or environmental needs in our community.
With the launch of the SEEDS 2 programme and many other mentoring supports, social enterprises in South Dublin are thriving. Our team of Anna Kelly, SEEDS 2 Senior Project Administrator, and Tom Coleman, Social Enterprise Development Officer, are ready to help you start or develop your non-profit.
Get Social Enterprise support with:
- SEED 2 Training Programme
- Exploring Social Enterprise Ideas
- Social Enterprise Governance and Management
- Business Planning
- Identifying and Securing Funding Opportunities
- Sales & Marketing Strategy
- Human Resource Management
Not Ready for Self Employment?
If you are not ready for social enterprise or self-employment, you have lots of options.
The South Dublin County Partnership has a variety of departments ready to help you find the training or job that suits. Upskill, retrain or find an opportunity that YOU want!
Reach out to one of our many departments below:
Helpful Enterprise Resources & Links
Helpful Enterprise Resources & Links
Enterprise Development Team