Heads Up is a free education, training, and support programme for men, with a focus on managing mental and physical wellbeing and planning for the future. In this successful programme we offer modules of evidence based mental health education, physical education, life planning and linking with positive social supports.
Who is the project for?
HeadsUp is free for men aged over 18 and living in South Dublin, who are seeking ways to feel better, and who are willing and able to attend on two mornings per week for twelve weeks.
What are the results?
Participants after the HeadsUp programme report:
- An improvement in mental health.
- A reduction in isolation from family and friends.
- An increase in attendance in training post Heads Up.
- A reduction in harmful behaviours.
- Improvement in physical wellbeing and fitness due to changes in lifestyle.
- A reduction in problematic alcohol or drug use.
“Heads Up has given me a language to help describe how I feel. That has been great.I didn’t have that before and didn’t really know what was going on, and what to do.I feel much more in control.”
– HeadsUp participant –