Raising a child isn’t easy, we are parenting in challenging and fast paced times. Here at South Dublin County Partnership, we support positive parenting, which means encouraging your children to achieve their full potential by practicing good communication, supporting their emotional & social development and modelling positive behaviours. Essentially sending them the message that they are loved, are good and they matter and that you are there to support them, whilst we help support you!
We offer FREE supports to help you top up on the skills and tools you need for parenting. We offer evidence-based parenting programmes, in group and one to one settings and we can offer information and links to supports from other agencies in your area.
We currently offer the following programmes:
- A range of evidence-based Parenting Programmes, including Parents Plus: Children/ Teens/ ADHD (6-8 weeks)
- An informal 4 week programme called 4theFamily which offers simple tips to improve family life on a one to one or small group basis
- A new programme called The Mindful Parent that explores parental self-care and some parenting tips
- A range of Parenting Workshops that tackle relevant issues facing today’s parents, such as Anxiety in children and use of Technology
- A parent & child learning together programme called PeeP (0-4 yrs)
An Informal 4 week programme called 4theFamily which offers simple tips to improve family life on a one to one or small group basis.
4 The Family aims to improve family life by breaking down 4 essential pillars of family life into 4 simple messages in a fun and interactive way.
The messages explored are:
Parents will learn about how important play is for their child’s cognitive and emotional development and how we can encourage different types of play. How we can really influence positive behaviours by modelling and using positive language with our children. Encouraging healthy eating and physical activity within the family home can create healthier habits for life and learn tips on how to reduce screen time, keep your children safer on-line and make room for more Play!
The Mindful Parent
The Mindful Parent aims to facilitate parents to explore parenting and wellbeing topics.
Parenting can bring up many challenges. It can be overwhelming for a parent to manage their own well-being when they are looking after family members, but It is of paramount importance for a parent to take care of oneself for better health and happiness outcomes for the family
This programme is all about the parent and will offer tips on minding oneself, practicing healthy habits of self-care, whilst introducing positive parenting techniques