Let’s Get Digital!
Here at SDCP, we believe in getting members of our community ‘future ready’ by supporting learners to develop skills, knowledge and curiosity needed to thrive in this new era of technology.
Let’s Get Digital is a new programme that offers a personalised programme to help participants gain digital literacy skills to progress in their personal and professional roles. Whether it’s starting your digital journey, improving your existing skills, or securing a job in Tech, we are here to help!
We currently offer:
- An initial meeting with our Digi-hero to see where you would like to begin and to agree a plan together.
- Drop in facilities on Tuesday mornings at Rowlagh Community Centre.
- Support for Microsoft’s free StepIn2Tech programme and other online programmes which you can complete at your own pace. We also organise fun activities so that you can put your new digital skills into practice!
- Tech Tasters, our 2-hour interactive sessions where you will learn, for example, how to build your first mobile app, digital game or webpage via friendly coding platforms. (No coding experience required)
- Support for already established groups in the community who wish to improve their digital skills. We can arrange a visit to your learner site to introduce our programmes and/or run a Tech Taster.
- Assistance towards securing a job in Tech via mentoring and guest speakers.
For more details on our current and upcoming programmes please contact our Digi-Hero firstname.lastname@example.org, log onto www.getdigital.ie or register your interest here https://getdigital.ie/expression-of-interest/